XQD Driver Download And Installation Guide
XQD driver installation - Windows
* If you have a mixture of XQD cards, including Sony XQD G series 120GB+, proceed with Step1 below*
* If you ONLY have Sony XQD G Series 120GB+ cards, proceed to Step 9*
- Connect CFexpress/XQD reader to the computer.
- Insert Lexar XQD card, Sony XQD card M Series, or Sony XQD card G Series (with the lowest capacity you have and as long as it is not a Sony XQD G 120GB+ card or above).
- Go to Device Manager > Other devices and look for XQD Memory Card with a yellow exclamation mark.
- Right-click on XQD Memory Card and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After the driver update is complete, eject XQD card, wait a few seconds (~5-7 seconds), and re-insert XQD card back into the reader.
- The Windows system should now recognize the XQD card.
- Remove XQD card from reader. *If you also have Sony XQD G-Series 120GB+*, proceed with the additional steps below*
- Insert Sony XQD G-Series 120GB+ card into the reader.
- Following instructions below to install the Sony XQD driver (v201).
- Once driver installation is complete, eject Sony XQD card, wait a few seconds (~5-7 seconds), and re-insert Sony XQD card back into the reader.
*Download and Install XQD driver v201 for Windows 10 if you have Sony XQD G-Series 120GB+ card*
Download Windows v201 XQD Driver through steps 1A or 1B below:
1- Click here to download Windows XQD Driver from Sony’s website
A- Open a web browser, go to https://www.sony.co.jp/Products/memorycard/xqd/application/drv_installer.html
B- Navigate to the bottom of the webpage and click on “…(Windows)” icon.
(Note: This page may load in Japanese)
Proceed to download and save the XQD Driver Installer on your Desktop or a folder of your choice. The default folder is your Downloads folder.
Select a file location where you want to extract the files and then click on “Extract“. The default location is your system’s Downloads folder.
Double-click the XQD_Drv_Installer_win_v201 subfolder in the Downloads folder.
Right-click the zip file and extract it again.
Double-click on the XQD_Drv_Installer_win_v201 to start XQD driver installation.
Follow the instructions on the screen to install the XQD driver. Restart your computer after the XQD driver installation is finished.
XQD driver installation - Mac
- Download Mac OS XQD driver by the following steps 1A or 1B below:
A- Click here to download XQD Driver for Mac OS from Sony’s website:
B- Click on the link below, go the bottom of the page and click on the box with Mac written on it:
(Note: This page may load in Japanese)
- Double-click “XQD_Drv_Installer_mac_v200.dmg”, which is usually located in the “Downloads” folder.
- Double-click “XQD Device Driver Installer v2.0.0.06260″ from the pop-up window to start the XQD driver installation for your Mac.
- Follow instructions onscreen to install the XQD driver.
- During the XQD driver installation, you might encounter a pop-up window stating “System Extension Blocked”. instead of clicking on “OK”, “Open Security Preferences” and “Allow” system software from “Sony Corporation” to load. If you do not see the pop-up window, still go to “Security & Privacy” and check/allow system software from “Sony Corporation” to load.
- Mac should now recognise the XQD card.
- If you do not see any “System software from developer “Sony Corporation” was blocked from loading” message in “Security & Privacy” setting, proceed to the next step.
- From the Apple menu, select File ⌘ Find
- Type XQD in the Search box.
- You should see TWO XQD Memory Card.kext listed as Search result.
- If you only see ONE XQD Memory Card.kext listed as Search result and it is from directory /Library/StagedExtenstions/Library/Extensions/, proceed to copy that XQD Memory Card.kext to directory /Library/Extensions/
- Restart Mac with an XQD card inserted into CFepxress/XQD reader.
- Go to “Security & Privacy” setting, you should see “System software from developer “Sony Corporation” was blocked from loading”. message pending. Proceed to allow the software to run.
Download the installation guide
Sign Up for the ProGrade Digital Newsletter
Enter your email below to get the latest news on ProGrade Digital Products.
Get a discount on your next order when you subscribe. (Watch your email for a coupon code.)